Friday, November 30, 2012

Reflection of a few things

As I was driving to my liver ultrasound appointment this morning I started thinking about my first days on this journey and some of the things I have been able to accomplish. The very first day at Crossfit I couldn't even run 200m. Today I can run 400m, on most days, without walking. I thought about the first time Travis had our Elements class do Abmat situps. I couldn't do one without straightening my legs out (instead of keeping them in a butterfly position). Earlier this week I did 4 rounds of 20 unbroken Abmat situps and I can now do the situps with a med ball!  I have a lot of things left that I want to accomplish! But, today I just smiled to myself thinking that in the past (almost) 3 months my life has changed so much!  I never thought I would actually enjoy working out, but now I look forward to going to the box each day. Most of that has to do with the people that are there and the support that they always give me!  I never thought that I would lose 30+ pounds, but the Advocare 24 Day Challenge (combined with Crossfit and a Paleo diet) made that possible. It is kind of funny how life can change so fast!  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment