Friday, November 9, 2012

Results from the Advocare 24 day Challenge and Paleo diet

I was amazed by the results I had from the paleo diet and Advocare 24 Day Challenge!  But first, I want to answer some questions that people have asked me about the cleanse. People have asked me if I have been eating. Yes, the cleanse is designed so that you eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. I wouldn't have done it if I couldn't have food.  There is also no way that I could have the workouts I was doing if I wasn't eating!  Now, I did change what I was eating to strict paleo during the whole challenge. I cut out grains, sugar, and dairy. I think the dairy has been the hardest for me. I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stick to it, but it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. People have asked how I lost so much weight in 24 days and was it safe.   I think the weight loss and inches lost are all relative to how much you need to lose and how active you are. I am no where near my goal weight even after losing 26.6 pounds so a smaller person would probably not lose as many pounds or inches. The cleanse is safe and my weight loss was not done in an unhealthy way. The cleanse,just like all other Advocare products, was studied by a medical advisory board.  I also worked out at Crossfit usually 5 times a week during the Challenge. The other question that I got  more than anything was about having to go to the restroom all the time. The Advocare cleanse is an intestinal cleanse and you really don't have to go to the restroom more than normal.
My results from the cleanse and paleo diet were crazy to me!  I went into it thinking that it wasn't going to even work, and I walked out of it 26.6 pounds and 15.75 inches lighter!  The inches that I lost were from all over the body. I lost .75 in my calf, nothing in my thighs :(, 5 in my hips, 3.5 in my waist, 4.5 in my chest, and 2 in my arms!  I feel so much better from the challenge and the paleo diet. I have more energy than I've had in a very long time, I'm sleeping better, and the joints in my knees don't hurt as bad!  I am so glad that I did this!  I am so glad that James pushed me to do this!
It did take commitment on my part. It also took a lot of will power to resist the donuts, ice cream sandwiches, cupcakes, and Halloween candy that were all brought into my office during the challenge. I just told myself it wasn't worth the steps backwards even if it looked really good. I have been lucky enough to have support all around me during this entire thing and I think that is key!  I am so blessed!  Thank you all for your support!  If you have any questions about this just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across this post as I just ordered the herbal cleanse part of the challenge. I follow a paleo lifestyle and in the pamphlet it says to lower your fat intake and increase your starches (Such as whole wheat pasta, brown rice). You had no problem eating healthy fats and no grains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing JUST the cleanse right now (herbal cleanse, OmegaPlex and Spark), I also do Crossfit so I'm following the Paleo diet at least 95-80%. How much weight did you lose in just the first 10 days of the challenge?

    ReplyDelete