Monday, November 5, 2012

Bear apparently means seven?

When I read the WOD for today I was kind of excited because it had lifting in it. Little did I know that it was a lot more lifting than I had bargained for!  I have been trying to work on my lifting because I know I won't be able to do a whole lot after my surgery and I want to get as strong as I can before that happens. The WOD was a 20 min AMRAP of 400m run (I rowed) and a Bear complex that consisted of 1 power clean, 1front squat, 1 push press, 1 back squat, and 1 push press. I was feeling ok about it until Glynn explained that bear meant seven!  Really?!  Travis had us all warm up with just the bar and I thought I was going to die just from one round, and that was with no weights!  I didn't do any of the squats because of my knees but what I did felt like my arms and legs were going to give out. I did the seven rounds of the power cleans and push presses with 55# and rowed 400m. I ended up doing 4.5 rounds in the 20 minutes, which wasn't too bad. My arms are already sore!  But this is the kind of hurt I don't mind because it just means I'm getting stronger!

When I weighed myself yesterday, on the 20th day if the Advocare Challenge and paleo diet I had lost 21.5 pounds!  That is crazy to me!  I never thought it would work and was so resistant to it, but I am so glad that I am doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment