Wednesday, November 28, 2012

more focused


Yesterday was a much more focused day.  I started with an 800m run (I didn't run the whole way but I did run/jog about 2/3 of the way).  That is the first time I have ever even attempted the 800m run!  There was a lot more in the warm up but the 800m run was the highlight for me (not that I like to run but I was impressed that I did so well).  The workout was a 20 minute AMRAP or 3 box jumps (I did step ups), 6 push presses, and 9 toes to bar (I did knees to elbows).  This workout was pretty intimidating to me but Morgan said I should be able to get 12 rounds in during the 20 minutes.  I thought she was CRAZY!  I started the workout with my regular step up and 65# on push presses.  When I got done with the knees to elbows on the first round and headed back to start the step ups I realized that someone had added a weight on top of the step!  It was a lot higher! I did the step ups and push presses again on the second round, but when I got to the knees to elbows I noticed that James and Morgan were headed to my bar with more weight!  They added 10 pounds to each side.  So, I finished the rest of the 20 minutes with a higher step up and 85# on push press!  It was hard!  I couldn't believe it when I finished because I had actually done exactly 12 rounds!!!  I got my last 2 knees to elbows for the 12th round done in the last 3 seconds!  I really couldn't believe that I did it!  My arms felt like jello afterwards but it was SO worth it.  This is the reason that I go to Crossfit.  They push me further than I would ever push myself.  I would have stayed at the 65# on push presses the whole time.  It would have been a decent workout, but nothing like doing the 85#!  I wouldn't have made the step up any higher either but it was good to see that I could actually do it.  The people there believe in me and push me, but not further than what they know I can really handle. 
Travis asked me yesterday about how long I was going to be gone after my surgery.  I told him at least six weeks and that I wouldn't even be in Montgomery because I would be with my family in Houston.  He told me that I would be really good at sit ups when I got back!  I had asked him to give me some stuff to do while I was gone because I am really afraid of losing all the progress that I have made so far.  He said that he would start hounding me after about 7 days about what I was doing to workout.  I was actually really glad to hear this because I will need the push!

These pictures aren't really good ones.  My sister (and some others) asked me to post some, so here they are!









3 comments:

  1. We need the pic of you being pissed because we added more weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally deleted that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I am so proud of you. You are doing such a great job! Don't stress about losing the progress you've made, remember your body will need rest after your surgery and take the time to enjoy that real rest! Your heart is in this, and you are so committed, that I don't see you walking away from CrossFit...ever. :)

    ReplyDelete