Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Started back on squats tonight!

I got to start doing squats again tonight!  I was really excited because I need to be able to use my knees more!  My knee started hurting in the warm up but I knew I had to get through it. The WOD was 5 rounds of 15 front squats and a 400m run for time. I only did a 200m run each round because I still have a tough time running (I'm not very good at it). I only did 55# for the front squats. It didn't seem that heavy, but it was definitely a workout for my knee. It was frustrating because I used to be able to do a lot more weight, but even 55# seemed like a struggle tonight!  I had to stop several times during the rounds to get all 15 front squats in, and that is not normal for me. I usually try to do them as fast as possible because I want to get through it, but it wasn't happening tonight. I finally got through the first round of front squats (which seemed like it took forever) and started my first run. A 200m run isn't usually that bad for me, but I started getting a lot of pain after the first 100m.  At that point I just got mad. My mind went back to last week and I wasn't going to let tonight be like last Wednesday!  I walked a little bit and then kept jogging. It hurt but I'm just going to have to deal with it!  The squats and running got harder with each round, but I made it through all 5. I'm not sure what my time was because I was just glad it was over!  I felt relieved that I had made it through the workout, and glad that I did't give in to the pain!  Tonight I'm icing my knee and hopefully tomorrow it won't be so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment