Friday, November 9, 2012

Deadlifts, jumping, and running

Yesterday was a pretty hard workout for me. I am not a good runner. I don't enjoy running either so that makes it even worse. I was feeling really good after I had gotten my results from the 24 Day Challenge, but I knew I was probably going to struggle through the workout. It was a 12 min AMRAP of 400m run then 7 deadlifts and 21 lateral jumps over the bar. Then when time was called there was a 400m sprint. I did 165 on the deadlift and just jumped in place instead of over the bar. When I first read the WOD I thought we had to run the 400 with each round. Thank God it was just the deadlifts and jumps!  Everyone was already starting their rounds when I got back from the first 400. I am a super slow runner!  I did ok on the rounds and  I ended up doing 7 rounds plus 2 deadlifts. The sprint at the end was more like a jog/walk for me. I was exhausted!  I did jog a lot of it, but it was a far cry from a sprint! When I left last night I decided that I have to get better at running!  I don't have to like it but I have to get better at it!

Tonight we had open gym. I made myself warm up with a 400m jog and some stretches. I could have rowed but I had told myself that I was going to get better at running!  Morgan wrote me a WOD for tonight. It was 5 rounds of 20 wall balls, 10 push presses, and 15 knees to bar. I struggled through the wall balls (as usual) but I got through them all. I was surprised that my knees didn't hurt nearly as bad as they have the rest of the week. I did the push presses with a 45# bar. It wasn't too bad either. The knees to bar are only really bad because the bar hurts my hands so much, but I have been noticing that they are getting easier too!  This was a good way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment