Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Earned my Thanksgiving meal this morning!

Travis was trying to make us earn what we were going to eat on Thanksgiving this morning.  I woke up to go to the 5:30 class but when I took my first step my knee really hurt.  I decided I would ice it and go to the 6:30 class.  It wasn't feeling that much better after icing but it isn't going to help if I just skip workouts.  I got to class early and stretched my quads (it hurts so bad to stretch my right quad that I almost cry everytime), and then put some Biofreeze on it.  I wasn't completely ready for this heavy duty workout but there was no turning back at that point.  The workout was a 500m row, 50ft Burpee broad jumps, 50 kettle bell high pulls, 50 kettle bell swings, 50 toes to bar (or knees to elbows in my case), 50ft Burpee broad jumps, and another 500m row (all for time).  The Burpee broad jumps is where you do a burpee but you jump forward instead of up at the end, and we went 50 ft.  I started out doing ok with the row, but when I got to the burpee jumps I wanted to die!  I kept hesitating on the jumps because my knee hurt whenever I landed, so I ended up jumping and trying to land on one foot the whole way.  It also doesn't help that I can't jump that far, so I end up doing more burpees!  I did 26# in the kettle bell parts of the workout, and other than my arms just being tired, it wasn't that bad.  The part that probably took the longest was the 50 knees to elbows.  It's not that they are that hard but it hurts my hands to hold onto the bar.  I did a little better on the second round of burpee broad jumps, but it still seemed like it took me forever to get through it.  The final row wasn't too bad because I knew it was almost over!  I finished in 18:56!  I was impressed because this is one of the few workouts that I have done what everybody else has done and still gotten a decent time!  (I did do knees to elbows instead of toes to bar, but there were several people who had to end up doing knees to elbows too.)  I definitely earned my Thanksgiving meal with that workout!  Tomorrow will be a rest day and then I will workout on Friday!  I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!





No comments:

Post a Comment