Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Back squats!

I was really excited to see that we were doing back squats tonight!  This is something I can usually do really well. The last time that we did our 1 rep max on back squats I got up to 205#. I was pretty sure I could have done more but we ran out of time. I was a little worried that my knees were going to hold me back but I really wanted to see what I could do. We spent 12 minutes finding our 1 rep max. I got up to 185# and was doing fine. I decided that I would just try 235# and see how it went. I was doing fine until about half way back up and I knew I couldn't do it (I think most of it was a mind thing).  The bar was resting in the wrong spot (on my neck) so I couldn't just drop it. I imagine that it kind of looked like a slow motion video of me falling backward. I was fine (actually I was kind of laughing in my mind thinking of how it probably looked). That was the first time that I have dropped any weight while I was lifting so I was a little hesitant about going back. Jessie and Chase told me I should try 205#, and I finally agreed. After the 205 I went up in increments of 10# and got up to 225#!  Not too bad!!  Next time I will get that 235#!  The next part was 5 rounds of 1 back squat (50% of your max weight) and a rest of 30 seconds while holding the bar. Once the bar came off the rack it didn't go back until the five back squats and rests were done. This part was pretty easy after 225#.  The final part of the WOD was the part that I kind of dreaded. It was four rounds of 20 unbroken Abmat situps and a 200m sprint (mine was more like a jog) with a 2 minute rest in between rounds. I really wasn't looking forward to the running but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be. Although I thought about each time I was jogging, I didn't walk on any of the 200m runs! I was pretty satisfied with my entire workout tonight!  YAY!
I will be icing my knee tonight, but those back squats were worth it!  My arms still hurt from last night and my abs just started burning. My body's just telling me that I worked hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment