Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Nutts"and "Jackie"

I didn't post yesterday because the whole day was kind of nuts, just like the workout. I had read the WOD before I got there and I was a little nervous. I always get a little nervous before a partner WOD because I don't want to hold anyone else back. I had looked at it and tried to figure out how much I was going to be able to contribute. When I got there we had an odd number of people so plans changed.  When I asked Travis who I was going to work with he said I was going to do it by myself!  I stood there for about a minute waiting for him to say the name of the person that I could work with because I knew he had to be joking!  He wasn't. I asked him if I was halfing everything but his answer to that was no. Apparently the WOD was originally meant for just one person.  I couldn't imagine being able to all the things on the list by myself!  The workout was 15 deadlifts (155#), 10 hand stand pushups (I did regular pushups), 25 box jumps (I did step ups because of my knees), 50 pull ups (I did body rows), 100 wall balls (I did get to cut this in half and did 50 with 6# med ball.), 200 double unders (I did 100 jumps), and a 400m run with a 25# weight. I did do it all by myself in 17:37!  I was amazed!  This is why I come to Crossfit. They believe in me!  Travis knew that it would be hard but that I could do it, even when I really thought it was impossible. I looked at him like he was crazy when he said I was doing it alone!  If I had been working out anywhere else I would have stopped because I "knew" there was no way I could do it. But here people push me further than I would ever push myself and that is why I keep coming back. They won't push if something is truly wrong with you but they push when they know that you can really do it but just don't think you can. I left yesterday feeling very accomplished!
Today I went in not sure how I was going to do, but happy that it had lifting in the workout. It was 1000m row, 50 thrusters (35# bar),  and 30 pull ups ( I did body rows) for time. I didn't have the best row but I wasn't too far behind everyone else. I got to the thrusters and I couldn't squat all the way because the muscles around my knees are so tight it hurts whenever I bend them!  I had to take a few breaks during the lifts but I got through pretty fast. I did the body rows in reps of 10 where I would have a stopping point to rest for a few seconds. I ended up finishing in 10:09, which wasn't a bad time. I felt pretty good about my workout. Travis had me do this stretch after the WOD to help my quads. It hurts like heck but I know it is helping.
I have felt really good about my performance in the workouts for the past two days. It just shows me that I AM getting stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment