Friday, November 23, 2012

Burning off some of those Thanksgiving calories!

I had a great Thanksgiving, but I ate WAY too much. I am so glad we had open gym today where I could work off some of what I ate!  I was really glad Steph was there tonight and wanted to do the same workouts I had decided to do. The first WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of 3 power cleans (105#), 6 deadlifts (105#), and 9 box jumps (I did step ups). I wasn't sure about doing 105# in power cleans but Clinton was sure I could do it. I'm glad he suggested the weight because I would have never have attempted that weight on my own (I never would have thought I could actually lift that weight).  I forgot to count my reps but I'm pretty sure I did 6 full rounds and the power cleans and deadlifts of the seventh. We rested for a little bit before we started the next WOD. Rachel decided to the second WOD with us too. It was a 7 minute AMRAP of push presses (75#) and pull ups (I did body rows). The first round we did 1 rep, the second we did 3, the third we did 5, and so on. This was a tough one. I think part of my problem was that I always forget to use my legs, so I always end up just doing presses (just using my arms). I got through five full rounds and seven of the push presses on the sixth (which would have been 11 reps of both things). We decided to do the "skill" which was 3 rounds of 10 sit ups and 10 hollow rocks. We ended up doing the sit ups with med balls to make it a little more challenging (not my idea). I was glad that Steph and Rachel wanted to do the same workouts as I did tonight. I could have done them by myself but I wouldn't have pushed myself as hard (and I definitely wouldn't have done the sit ups with the med ball). It felt really good to workout tonight. I almost didn't go because I was so tired but I'm so glad that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment