Monday, November 12, 2012

"Murph"

I wasn't really sure I wanted to go to workout after I saw what we were doing today. I was intimidated to say the least. I went because I knew I should at least try!  Today we did a workout called "Murph". It was named after Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan on June 28, 2005. This was one of his favorite workouts. I figured I could at least try to do this workout. I might not be able to do the whole thing but I thought I should at least try. This man gave his life for my freedom so the very least I could do is try my best tonight!  The workout was a 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, and ended with another mile run for time. I only ran 400m at the beginning and end and did body rows instead of pull ups. It was hard!  I did the first 100 of the body rows, pushups, and squats in reps of ten. At that point I knew I was done with the body rows so I could just focus on doing as many of the push ups and squats as I could in each rep. I did good on the first run and didn't walk at all but on the 2nd run I did walk a little. I finished in exactly 43 min. I was really proud of myself!  I couldn't believe I actually did it!  After a little over 2 months in Crossfit I still amaze myself at what I can actually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment