Thursday, November 15, 2012

not such a bad night

So tonight was much better than last night. My head was more in the workout tonight and I just tried to focus on what I could do and not on what I couldn't do. The warm up started out with a 400m run. It made me nervous because this is where my knee started to hurt last night. It was much better tonight. It still hurt a little but nothing like last night. The strength part of the WOD was power cleans, hang squat cleans, and split jerks. I didn't do the squat. I just did a hang clean instead. I didn't do too bad and ended up lifting 95#. Next we did push presses and I ended up lifting 95# again. Those really weren't the exercises that I was worried about though. I knew the hardest part was coming. The WOD was 3 rounds of 20 step ups while holding a 25# weight and 20 burpees for time. Travis knew that my knees were going to be tired so he told me to just do 2 rounds instead of the three. Before the WOD started I asked him if it would be ok if I did push ups instead of the burpees because the jumping (or crawling) that I have to do in burpees really does hurt my knees more. He said that was fine. While I was in the middle of the WOD I decided that I could go three rounds though. Since I wasn't doing burpees I should at least be able to go the extra round. I finished all three rounds in 7:04! I'm already sore but I'm ready for tomorrow! Today makes 30 days since I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and Paleo Diet. I weighed myself and I've lost 31.1 pounds in 30 days! Thank you all for your support. It really means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment