Tuesday, December 4, 2012

tough night

I was so tired last night that I fell asleep before posting my blog.  It wasn't a bad night of workout but I was definitely not as focused as I should have been.  We did 7 rounds of 1 Hang Power Clean, 1 Front Squat, and 1 Push Jerk.  I struggled with the hang power cleans the whole time, but I did pretty good on the front squats and push jerks.  I worked my way up to 110#.  Then we did "Heavy Elizabeth" which was 12-9-6 of Power Cleans and Ring dips and then a 400m sprint.  I did 85# on the power cleans and a black band on the ring dips.  This is the first workout that I have ever done ring dips, and I was pretty nervous about it.  I ended up using the black band (which makes the ring dips the easiest they could probably be) to get through it.  I finished the 12-9-6 in 2:54 which wasn't too bad!!  We did the 400m run (I rowed) after everyone had finished the power cleans and ring dips.  My arms are pretty sore from the workout, but I think I could have done more weight if I had more focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment