Wednesday, December 19, 2012

first physical therapy appointment

This will not be long because my hands are tired from the little I did today.  PT wasn't that bad today because we just did a lot of measuring of my strength and sensations at this point.  Although we did not do a lot I didn't realize how hard the simple things (like just turning my hands over and making a fist) would be. My physical therapist is really nice and I am confident that she will get my hands where I need them to be in just a few weeks.  I know the real work will start with my next appointment, December 26.  Here are a few pictures from today's session, but please excuse my hair (that isn't really what I was thinking about ---- I was just trying to remember to breathe)! 
 
 
 
 
 Excuse my face in this picture, but bending my hands was not the most comfortable thing to do.

 The two pictures above are the tests to see how my sensation in my fingers is at this point.
 This is how my hands looked after they took off the original bandages.
These are my new dressings, and are much more comfortable than the bulky ones from before.

1 comment:

  1. It’s a relief they changed your bandage with a thin one! Sometimes the treatment you will undergo to restore your hands will be painful so I want to encourage you that it is only temporary. And after all the painful exercises and tests for your hands, you will be able to use them just like before. That will be your reward for enduring. It’s not bad, right?

    ReplyDelete