Monday, January 14, 2013

First day back!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had surgery on my hands in Texas and spent some really good time with my family (probably the most time I've spent with them in about 10 years and it felt great). I want to thank everyone for all of your cards, texts, thoughts, and prayers. It really does mean so much to me to know that I have such a great support system. I had surgery on December 14 and was supposed to be out for at least 6 to 8 weeks for recovery. Today I went back to work (I'm only doing half days for the next 3 weeks) and was able to go back for my first workout at Crossfit!  The doctor was amazed how well I recovered from the surgery. I was able to start working out only four weeks after having bilateral carpal tunnel surgery (which is pretty freaking awesome)!  I'm pretty sure it was because I really am in the best shape if my life, I stuck to my paleo diet, and I took my Advocare vitamins. I can't believe how well I recovered either!
Tonight was my first day back at the box.  I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous about going back after being gone for 5 weeks!  I walked into the box and was overwhelmed by the love that I was shown as I walked through the door. Everyone clapped, gave me a hug, and said how glad they were that I was back!  This is why I love Crossfit2l2q!  We are a family and everyone notices when someone is gone!  You won't find that just anywhere!  We started the warmup with a 400m run. This is the part I get nervous about because I am not a good runner anyway, much less being out for 5 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised with myself because I ran the whole 400m without walking once!!  We got back in and I did air squats and wall push ups (this was modified from what everyone else did because I still can't put too much pressure on my hands). Then we had 12 minutes to get our 1RM in back squats. This is where I got a little frustrated because this is one if my favorite things to do and I can't put too much weight on my wrists. I ended up doing 55# the entire time (which is no where near my 1RM of 230#). I would have probably put more weight on but I'm lucky that I have people at the box that really do have my best interest at heart. There were several guys that made sure I didn't add anymore weight to the bar. I know they were right but I am super impatient and wanted to see if I could do more. Then we had 12 more minutes to find our 1RM in presses. I did a couple of rounds with 55# (which was easy) until Clinton noticed that I had weight on the bar and promptly took it off. I finished the 12 minutes doing the 35# bar. Again, I know he was right but I am impatient!  After the strength part of the WOD we started the regular workout. I did 300 single jump rope (well I did my virtual jump roping because I still can't do the real thing yet--but I will be working on that Friday), 25  wall ball squats with a 14# med ball ( I just did the squat and press with the ball instead of throwing it up against the wall), 225 jump rope, 25 wall ball, 150 jump rope, and another 25 wall balls. I didn't do too bad on the workout. I was really happy with how I did today and I feel great!  I'm so glad to be back at the box. I have missed everyone so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment