Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Night of redemption

Last night before I left Crossfit I told Travis that I was sorry. He said there was no need to be sorry because tomorrow was for redemption. He was right because tonight I was a lot more mentally focused than I was last night. I got to the box early so I could do my 10 box jumps. I did the first 10 but Travis didn't see them, so I did another 10 (and I didn't fall once)!  When it was time for my class we started out by doing 5 rounds of 5 back squats at 85% of our 1RM. Before I left my 1RM was 230# but I wasn't sure that I could base it off of that because I haven't really been working on back squats very much since I got back. I worked my way up to 185# which was around 85% of 215#. I didn't do all five rounds because I did so many warm ups getting to that weight that I ran out of time. But, I did get in 3 rounds of 5 at 185#. The next part of the WOD was 5, 400m runs (or some people did 5 rounds of 500m rows). I just assumed that I was going to row because the runs were supposed to be sprints and I don't really sprint anywhere!  When I was getting out the rower Travis asked me how my knees were and I told him they were fine. He said I was running then!  I told him I would run but that I wasn't fast. He didn't care and said the only way I was going to get faster was to actually run, so I did. My class is pretty amazing.  We all ran the 400's and of course I was pretty much last every time but they waited and let me rest before we would start the next 400m. I did walk a few times, but I ran most of the time!  I'm glad Travis didn't tell me I was running until right before we started because I would have probably psyched myself out like I did last night!  I am still in a little bit of awe that I actually ran that much and didn't die!  After we got done with the run we all stayed and did the skill which was 8 rounds of sit-ups for 20 seconds and planks for 10. What a night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment