Friday, January 18, 2013

First week back was tough

I haven't posted for the past couple of days because I have been really frustrated with myself. I've basically been coming home, icing my hands, and taking Motrin every night. My hands have been really tired from typing at work and the LITTLE I have done with them at the box. I did do a few lifts on Wednesday but nothing very heavy. It was basically just light weight where I could at least practice my form. Last night was the really frustrating night because my left hand hurt before I even got to Crossfit. I couldn't do any lifting (actually Travis threatened to make two of my friends do burpees if I picked the bar back up)!  I did do the WOD though. It was a 15 minute AMRAP of 21 step ups (while holding a 25# plate), 15 box jumps (I did sit ups), and 9 toes to bar (I did knees to bar on the rings). I started out with the 25# plate on step ups but by the second round I went down to 15#. I'm not really sure how I did the step ups at all, because my legs were killing me from earlier this week. I could feel them trembling as I stepped up the first few times. By the end of the 15 minutes I was just holding the weight with my right hand during the step ups because my left was hurting so bad. Doing the knees to bar on the rings wasn't too bad on my hands because there is more give to how your hands can move with the rings compared to the bar. I got 4 and 2/3 rounds done in the 15 minutes, so I wasn't too upset with that!  It's just frustrating because my favorite thing to do is lift during the workouts and I can't do very much of that right now. I am not a very patient person so I have been very resistant to everyone telling me to take it slow. Although I struggle with taking it slow and listening to my body when it is in real pain I am going to try and look towards what I will be able to do in a month from now if I allow myself to completely heal. (This is much easier said than done though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment