Monday, January 21, 2013

Good start to the week

I went to workout on Saturday. I rarely get to do Saturday WOD's because I'm usually working my second job at that time. I was excited to get an extra workout in before I do start back working on Saturdays. We were just doing the second part of the warmup and were doing short sprints. I got two steps into the sprint and could feel that something was off with my steps. It kind of felt like slow motion because I knew I was going to fall. I skinned up my elbow and right hand a little bit. I got bandaged up (because I was bleeding) and finished the rest of the WOD. I have never fallen during a workout!  I don't know why I decided that outside on the concrete and after my hand surgery was the best place and time to take my first dive. My hands hurt for most if the weekend and I just kept taking Motrin and icing them. By today they were a little sore but most of the swelling had gone down.
Today was actually a good day for me because I could do most of the workout. There is a way that you can do front squats where you really don't have to put any pressure on your hands. Although everyone else was working to get their 1RM in front squats I was just working on building up some strength. I ended up doing 105# several times, so that wasn't too bad. I did do some push presses but I modified my grip where I wasn't putting too much pressure on my wrists. I did 3 rounds of 10 with 55#. That might sound like a lot to some people since I am still not 100% with my hands, but that is only about half of what I could do before the surgery (so I was fine). The WOD was 5 rounds of 200m run (I rowed) and 30 wall balls (I basically just did thrusters with the 14# med ball because the pressure of the ball falling on my hands would have been too much). It was a really tough workout but it was so satisfying!  I finished in 15:02 and was pretty happy with that time!  This was a good way to start the week, and now I'm ready for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment