Monday, January 28, 2013

Mentally and physically hard night!

Tonight was a tough one!! The WOD was a 2000m row, 150 air squats, and 30 hang cleans for time. I wasn't too concerned about the row. I knew it would be long but it would be the easier part of the WOD. I got done with row in about 10 minutes. That isn't a great time but I didn't sprint through it. The 150 air squats were much more challenging than I had anticipated. I guess my legs were tired from the row, because the squats seemed to take me forever to get through. The part that I was really worried about was the hang clean part. I was doing 85# and it seemed impossible!  I really did want to quit when I had 26 left and I didn't think I could lift the bar one more time. I got down to 15 and everyone was finished!  I was really down on myself at that point. I was just standing there looking at the bar like it was going to magically lift itself up!  I'm lucky that I workout with some amazing people and have awesome coaches!  Chad and Travis were there the entire 30 hang cleans telling me that I could lift it and that they wouldn't push me to do it if they didn't know I could. Allison is the best cheerleader and helped me count down the last 15. Even when I told her I didn't think I could do anymore she was there telling me I could. When everyone finished with their WOD they cheered me on until I was done (even though it was after we should have already left). I did finish the entire thing in around 30 minutes. I'm not sure of the exact time because I just kind of threw the bar down after the last hang clean. It is very frustrating to me to have to build back up some of my strength. Before my surgery 85# wouldn't have been nearly as hard as it was tonight. I just have to keep telling myself to be patient, and that is NOT an easy thing for me to do!  Although it did take me longer than everyone else tonight and I struggled through the WOD I was very satisfied when I was finished!  I have to focus on the accomplishment!!
This is a side note but is something that really made me think tonight. One of the guys told me how good I looked and he could really tell that I had lost quite a bit of weight. I told him I was starting another 24 Day Challenge on February 1st. He stopped me right there and said he wasn't downplaying the things I was doing like the Challenge and the Paleo diet but that I needed to take more credit for how far I've come. It really did touch me because it is true. I'm not really good at saying I've done this because I just haven't been comfortable with it. Just like when someone compliments me I don't really know what to say. It made me think though because I am the one that makes myself go to workout everyday, even when I know it is going to be really hard, and I'm the one that has to choose everything I put in my body. I think that some of it comes from the fact that I have tried SO many things in the past and NEVER succeeded.  The fact that I can do this is just a weird concept for me to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment