Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pretty satisfying night!!

In my post about last night's workout I neglected to mention that I somehow hurt my left knee. I did a lift wrong and felt something pop, but it didn't really hurt at the time so I finished the WOD. I woke up around 1:00 this morning and my knee was killing me!  I limped around most of the day at work. I iced it and put Biofreeze on it but it didn't seem to do anything. I had already seen the WOD for tonight, which included a whole lot of lunges, and knew that was probably out of the question. Somebody at work told me that I should just take the day off and rest. That was not happening!! Saturday is my last workout at Crossfit2l2q for the year and I am not taking any night off between now and then!  I knew Travis would come up with something for me to do. I was frustrated that I wouldn't be able to do what everyone else was doing. When I got to the box I was frustrated and feeling kind of defeated. I told Travis what was going on and he said he had another WOD I could do that would let me rest my knees for the night. I ended up doing 5 rounds of max reps in bench press and body rows with a 2 minute rest in between rounds. I did 75# on bench press.  I counted how many I did of each thing in each round. I am going to focus on the bench presses because I wasn't doing so great at body rows tonight (I think the most I did in one round was 11). I wasn't sure how I was doing throughout the WOD because I had no one else to compare it against. I felt like I wasn't doing as well because I didn't have other people around to push me. At the end I counted up all of my bench presses. I had done 75 at 75#!  When I asked someone if that was pretty good they looked at me like I was nuts for asking (they said that was great)!  After we did the skills I decided that I wanted to try and find my 1 rep max in bench press. I knew I was a little tired from the other 75, but I really wanted to see what I could do!  I started out at 105#. Clinton was spotting me and said that I needed to add more weight if that was so easy after doing all the other lifts tonight. I ended up lifting 140#!!!  At the end I made a comment that 140 wasn't that bad and Clinton said no that was really good!  It makes me pretty happy when I can lift weights!  I wanted to see what I could do tonight because I want a place to work towards when I get back from surgery. I was so mad about my knee tonight, but it was just a blessing in disguise so I could do bench presses!

No comments:

Post a Comment