Sunday, December 16, 2012

a few days post surgery


The surgery went really well.  I have been in quite a bit of pain, but I hate taking the pain meds because they make me really tired!  I was overwhelmed with the amount of texts, facebook messages, and prayers people sent to me!  I am truly blessed.  Thank you all!  I have my first physical therapy appointment on Wednesday and I am hoping that when they take the bandages off they will be amazed at how well I am healing!  I haven't been allowed to take the bandages off so I have no idea what anything looks like but I feel like it is going really well.  I have stuck to my diet so I am hoping that swelling will not be an issue!  I have been so blessed to have a family that has taken care of me and has cooked me food that follows my diet.  I haven't really been able to work out because I have been sick since the moment I got to Texas, but I am hoping that I can do a bunch of sit ups and squats tomorrow!  I feel very blah since I haven't been able to be active.  I have gotten in trouble by my family because I have tried to do too much with my hands!  I am just way too independent and don't realize what too much is!  I have slowed down some because it does actually hurt when I do simple things like open a bottle of water, buckle my seat belt, open the refrigerator, or even turn a door handle.  It is very frustrating to me but I don't want to try and over do it!  I will let you all know what happens on Wednesday, but please pray for really good news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment