Monday, October 1, 2012

Tough but good night

I went into Crossfit tonight knowing that the WOD was going to be tough, but I was excited to see how much I could do. I was tired after the warmup of kettle bell swings, walking lunges with weights, and kettle bell squats!  The next part was front squats and push presses. We got to partner up (I like it when we get to work with buddies), and Katherine was my buddy. We did seven rounds of front squats and push presses and went up in weight almost every time. James was there to make sure we were getting the most out of the workout by adding weight (even though we didn't really want to sometimes). We finished by push pressing 85#!  I was pretty impressed with myself but James said that was too easy and I could have gone up more in weight! Haha Then came the workout...4 rounds of 15 Thrusters and a 400m run (I rowed 200m instead of the run). Katherine and I lifted the 45# bar for the Thrusters. That was heavy enough because by the 4th round I wasn't sure I was going to be able to lift it once let alone 15 times!  The thing at Crossfit is that even when you don't think you can do anymore there are people there to assure you can.  I like working with Katherine because she is a really good source of support. We cheered each other on during the workout even though we were both tired. While she was doing her last 400m run I was starting my last 15 thrusters. I wasn't really sure if I was going to make it through them because I was so tired. Travis and James were there the whole time encouraging me. Because of them I almost got through all fifteen without pausing once!  I am sore and I am tired, but I feel like I accomplished a lot today!

No comments:

Post a Comment