Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just being really honest...

All of my posts on here are honest, but today I almost didn't post because I thought it might be too negative. I decided to post because no one has all good days and I do want to be able to look back on this day and learn from it. That said, I felt like I had a pretty bad day today. I rowed 400m for the first part of warm up. I did 3 rounds of 3 body rows, 6 step ups, and 9 overhead squats. The first part of workout was 7 power snatches with a minute rest in between. I did 55#, but I'm pretty sure I could have done more. I'm not sure why I didn't add more weight. Maybe I was just scared I wouldn't be able to do it. Next was the main part of workout. We paired up, Kesha was my partner. We did 20m of overhead walking lunges and then a 4 minute max row. Kesha went first and she did really well. Then I started, and even after the second walking lunge I was frustrated!  My arms hurt from carrying the 25# weight above my head and my knee was hurting. Seriously??  This is the end of week 5 and my body acts like it is week one!  I didn't want to let Kesha down because she had given it all she had. Half way through I couldn't hold the weight above me anymore so I just held it at my chest for the rest of the time. Each step got harder because my knee was hurting. I wasn't going to quit. I was already doing a modified version of the lunge because I wasn't putting my knee all the way to the ground. I made it through the lunges and started rowing. I'm not sure what happened but about a minute in I started breathing REALLY heavy. I got Kesha to get my inhaler (thank goodness I had brought it). I took a puff and started back. I know people say "well at least you didn't quit", but I was and am pissed about how I did. I finished the row (792m). Kesha was great the entire time. She kept telling me that I was doing good. I told her that I was sorry but she wasn't mad or frustrated with me. I think I was madder and more frustrated with myself than anyone else. Why doesn't my body want to get better?  When I got home I topped off the night by stepping on a scale...I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. Well, I have lost two pounds!  I shouldn't have gotten on the scale. I know that I do feel better than I did before I started Crossfit, but I just wish the numbers reflected that. I did cry a little just out of frustration. I'm not planning on quitting Crossfit at all!  I'm just MAD!  Monday will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be mad at yourself! Sometimes your body just needs a little rest, and last night was the night your body needed it. I cannot tell you enough how proud of you I am, not just for Crossfit, but for everything about you! You are truly an inspiration to me, and I am so glad and honored that I can call you my friend! P.S. I'll be stealing your scale whilst you watch the boy tomorrow night ;)

    ReplyDelete