Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Power cleans and double unders

So, my mind was a little more focused tonight. I wasn't sure I was going to be more focused because I was tired and I struggle with power cleans. The workout was 3 rounds of 10 power cleans and 50 double unders for time.  I wasn't sure how much weight I should do for the power cleans because I have problems with my form. Poor Charles walked up as I was trying 55# and told me to remember to have high elbows. He was very nice about it and was just trying to help, but I was already frustrated that I couldn't get it. I told him I knew and that is why I hate power cleans (not my finest moment, but just frustrated). He told me add fives on each side, so I did the workout with 65#. It was a really good call on his part because I think I actually did better in the workout with more weight. Although on the last round I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do all ten. I just jumped instead of double unders, but I had to do 150 instead of 50. Jumping up and down doesn't sound that hard, but after 50 or 75 my legs were tired!  I didn't do too bad and finished in 7:06. I only caught myself thinking about other things once during the jumps and tried to quickly refocus. It was a good day and definitely much better than my other days this week!  Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment