Monday, October 29, 2012

1 rep max and 2k row

I went into today not too sure how I was going to do because I was really tired after the weekend. I almost didn't even go. But, I knew that if I skipped I would just make more excuses as to why I couldn't go any other day. I struggled through a pretty simple warm up and braced myself for poor results on the workout. My knees were killing me today for some reason. I sucked it up and started the workout. If I'm being completely honest I wouldn't have lifted anywhere close to what I ended up at if Clinton and Chase weren't there to encourage and push me. We had 45 minutes to get our 1RM in back squats, presses, and deadlifts. I ended up lifting 205# in back squats, 105# in presses, and 235# in deadlifts. I might have been able to do a little bit more in back squats but time was up. The press was a little bit easier for me than others because I naturally muscle the bar up instead of using my hips and legs. Every time we do push presses I know I'm doing it wrong because I don't really do the push part. I was happy that I would be doing it right today!  I was kind of impressed with my deadlift because I never thought I'd be able to lift that!  The last part of the workout was a 2000m row for time. After the first few rows I could feel my arms getting tired. I pressed through to 2000 and finished in 10:00. I was happy with how I did today and I'm happy that I didn't give into my tiredness!  It would have been so much easier to stay at home, but I know that I would have been mad at myself later. If I was working out by myself I probably would have stayed at home, but the people at Crossfit actually notice if you aren't there!

No comments:

Post a Comment