Monday, October 22, 2012

Catching up from last week and today's hard workout day

I didn't post last Thursday because my whole body hurt after the workout. The first part of the workout was a 500m row, 4 min AMRAP of jump ropes (I just jumped up and down where I wouldn't put as much pressure on my knees.), and another 500m row. There was a 10 min cap on that part of the workout and I finished in 9:42. We had a 5 min rest before we started the 15 min AMRAP of 30 med ball cleans and 30 push ups. I thought that I was going to die during the push ups. James and Travis asked me why I had my eyes shut on the med ball cleans. I couldn't answer them at the time but when the workout gets really hard I sometimes just shut my eyes where I can just focus on the exercise that I am doing at that moment. It might seem crazy but it works for me.  My arms felt like jello!  I did four rounds but I did quit 15 seconds early. James told me that the time wasn't out but I told him I was done...no matter what the time said!  Not the best attitude to have but I was tired!

Today was another tough one. I find that Monday's and Thursday's are my hardest days. I think it is because on one I have had a couple of days off and on the other I have been pushing myself to the limit for days. We warmed up with a 500m row and 3 rounds of 5 body rows, 10 push ups, and 15 walking lunges. Then we had 10 min to find 85% of our 1RM on clean and jerks. I got up to 85#. Then it was 10 min of EMOM 7 clean and jerks at 65% (I did 55# for this). I was doing better with the high elbows tonight, but when it came to the jerk part I was having a tough time with not just using my arms to get the weight up. I'm not very good at using my hips in these things. I did make it through every round with seven lifts but I wanted to quit more than once!  Every time I finished one round the minute would be almost up and it was time to start another!  But, every time I wanted to quit I could hear James telling me to pick the bar back up.  I just laid on the floor when it was over!  I had to get back up though because the workout wasn't over!  We had a two minute rest before we started the last part. It was 4 rounds of 400m sprints (I rowed the 400m). We got to rest in between rounds but you only got to rest for the same amount of time that it took you to run the 400m. I did ok but rowing after that workout wasn't easy (I'm sure running wasn't either though)!
After workout several of us went out to dinner. We went to this little diner that actually has a paleo platter on the menu!  It was nice to hangout with everyone and eat exactly what I was supposed to for my diet and cleanse. I am finishing up day 8 of the cleanse. It has been ok but I still feel a bit tired. I have stuck to the diet and haven't cheated (although I really want some chocolate and some cheese)!  So far so good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment