Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My arms are SOOO tired!

I thought I was going to be really sore from the two workouts yesterday, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad!  The black cherry I've been taking is really working!  The workout tonight was tough though. The warm up was a 500m row and two rounds of 5 body rows, 10 push ups, and 20 walking lunges. My knee hurt a little on the walking lunges but it wasn't too bad. Then we had 20 minutes to get our 1RM in snatches. I struggled a bit because, for some reason, I don't want to use my legs...I only use my arms. By the end I was doing pretty good and lifted 85#. I felt pretty good about that weight :) Then we started the regular WOD: 3 rounds of 1 minute max row, 1 minute max hand stand push ups (I just did regular push ups), 1 minute max row again, 1 minute max chest to bar (I did body rows), and finally one minute of rest. After the first round I thought my arms were completely dead. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do anything else! But, Travis, James, and Charles were there to make sure none of us gave up. They were pushing until the last second. At the end all I could hear was James saying I had 5 more seconds of body rows and I could do 2 more...and I did it!  If I was working out on my own I would have quit after the first round (or maybe before that) but having people there to push me got me to the end!
One more day of workout this week and then I'm off to see my family at the beach!  I am planning on working out while I am there though. I'm  going to try and get my sister to join me for a workout too!

No comments:

Post a Comment