Monday, October 8, 2012

Two workouts today!

I was off from work today for Columbus Day.  Because I will be missing Thursdays WOD to go out of town I thought today would be a good day to make up the workout. I went to the 11:45am class and did the regular WOD and then went back at 4:15 for another WOD.
 In the morning class I felt really good about my performance. It started out with a 400m run.  This was the first time I have been able to run the whole thing!  It felt awesome to be able to finally do that!  I came back in and started three rounds of five body rows, ten burpees, and fifteen air squats. I was tired after all that but that was just the warm up!  We did some stretches and started the strength part of the WOD. It was five reps of five back squats. I ended up doing 115#! The regular workout was three rounds of ten power snatches and fifteen lateral "over the box" jumps (I did lateral step overs instead of the jumps) for time. I did 55# in the power snatches today (I am still struggling with this lift). I finished in 5:45. Not too bad.
When I asked Travis if I could come back this afternoon he told me I couldn't do the same WOD because overdoing it is the way you get hurt. He said that he would come up with an exercise for me to do. I did a 400m row to start off. Then I started the WOD:10 minute AMRAP of ten knees to elbows and twenty sit ups. This was tough!  He had told me he was going to come up with a workout to work my core...and he did!  I ended up doing 4.5 rounds in the ten minutes. It felt more like 20 rounds though. Then I did 1000m row for time. I didn't do too bad on this even though I did have to pause a few times. I ended finishing in 5:56.
I feel really good about today. The bad days that I have are so worth going through to have the really good ones!  I did some stuff today that I never thought I'd be able to do like run 400m without stopping or back squat 115#!  I'm glad that I decided to do the extra WOD today because it just shows me that I am stronger than what I think.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I have just read all of your post and caught up on your training!!!!! I AM SOOOOO TOTALLY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

    You know that I know how hard it is and I promise you it is all worth it in the end when you reach your goals. GO FOR IT!! If I can do anything to help motivate you; call, text, ask me to come crossfit with you and I am there.

    Love you and you are AWESOME.
    Misty
    Matthew 6:34

    ReplyDelete