Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Six weeks down!

Today was a really hard workout for me.  I had looked at the WOD before I got there and wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it.  My arms and legs were already tired from the other workouts this week and 150 wall balls sounded impossible!  The warm up was a 200m run, several body rows, ring dips (I did push ups), and wall squats with another 200m run at the end.  Then we had 20 minutes to get our 1RM clean and jerk.  I was surprised with myself because I did 100 pounds!!!  We had a 3 minute rest before we started "Karen" (150 wall balls) for time.  I used a 6 pound medicine for this. My mind really wasn't in this today because I really didn't think I was going to be able to finish this workout.  I thought this before I even started it and as we got closer to starting it I started to dread it even more.  I did ok for the first 20, but after that I struggled.  I had to take several breaks over the course of the 150.  My arch in my foot was killing me so much that I ended up taking off my shoes about half way through.  My knees were hurting almost the entire time but I wasn't going to let them stop me (I mean they hurt most days anyway)!  At 92 wall balls I really had a mental break where I thought I wasn't going to finish.  I told myself that if I made it to 100 I was doing good.  This is why I go to Crossfit---there were about five or six people crowded around me telling me that I could do it.  I kept telling them that I wasn't sure I was going to finish.  Not one of them would hear of it!  They kept telling me to just take it in small steps, so I went in reps of seven.  Slowly I made it to the 150 mark.  On the last set of seven I just concentrated on several of the people cheering me on that were counting down those final wall balls for me! I finished in 15:39!  I can't believe I actually did it!!!!  If I had just been doing this by myself of at a regular gym I would have never finished!  I heard one of the guys telling me it was mind over matter, and I knew he was right, because my mind just wanted to quit!  I was tired and sore after I finished but the feeling of accomplishment from doing a 100 pound clean and jerk and 150 wall balls made it ALL worth it! I am so truly blessed to have found Crossfit2l2q!

No comments:

Post a Comment