Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A whole lot of rowing and thrusters makes for a hard day!

Ok, so this is day 2 of the cleanse and strict paleo diet and I am WIPED OUT! I am so tired! I think it is partly the fact that I am coming down with something and that my body is going through some withdrawals. Whatever it is made today's workout feel impossible!
The warmup was a mile run (I rowed 1600m) and then two rounds of 15 push presses (35# bar) and 15 walking lunges while holding the bar in the rack position. Ok so I was super exhausted after this and we hadn't even started any of the workout! We warmed up for five minutes doing thrusters (I warmed up with 55# to make the workout seem a little lighter). The workout was four rounds of 400m run (I did a 400m row) and 15 thrusters. I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to finish the first round. I was in the middle of my first set of 15 thrusters and I remember thinking that I couldn't do this. I was tired and didn't feel great and grouchy, which just made everything worse!  Mentally i wasn't there tonight  Charles saw me struggling and assured me that I COULD do this!  As I was going through the rounds I could hear Charles, Katherine, Carna, Glynn, and a couple of other people telling me that I was doing good and I could do it. I finished last at 14:59, but I finished!  It didn't matter that I finished last because I finished!  We rested for 2 minutes and finished the night off with 5 minutes of sit ups and planks. I am so tired but am glad that I did it!  Now I have to rest up for the 5:30am class!
Oh and I got measured today to see how many inches I lose doing the diet and cleanse. I saw a few of the numbers and wanted to cry...so I just decided to stop looking and I will just look at the end result. It is hard to look at what you have have allowed your body to become, but I guess the real crime would be to never do anything about it. But, it is still frustrating and pisses me off because I know I could have done better for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment