Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tough but good day

On a personal note...I ended up with two out of my four dogs riding with me to workout today. Taylor has been going with me for about a week now, but today Tucker decided that he wanted to go too. I don't mind them going while the weather is nice because they love to just sit in the car. I hadn't taken Tucker because he hadn't really put up a fuss about it until today. He is a momma's boy and has a lot of separation anxiety. He hasn't really gotten used to the new way of life yet. He was used to me coming home after work and snuggling with them on the couch until bedtime. This has been a life change for everyone at our house!
We had a partner WOD today. These always make me a little nervous because I don't want to hold anyone back when they could do more or go faster. There wasn't any running in this so I felt a little bit better about it. I was excited when I saw Katherine walk through the door because I was hoping we could be partners. I have known her for a while so I felt better about being partners with her. The WOD was a pyramid workout of pull ups (I did body rows), push ups, sit ups, and squats. The first peron does 1 pull up and rests while the second person does 1 pull up. Then the first person does 2 pull ups and rests while the second person does 2 pull ups. You go up to ten and then back down in each movement. Basically we did 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and 100 squats! Katherine killed this workout, and, in turn, got me through it a lot faster than I normally would have.  It was tough, but it was good to work with Katherine. She helped me a lot through the push ups and sit ups. There were moments when I wasn't  sure I could do one more sit up or push up but Katherine assured  me that I could and told me I was doing a good job. At one point in the push ups, I can't remember what was said by one of us, but we started laughing and could hardly stop!  We were still doing the push ups but we were laughing through them. I'm not sure that I have ever laughed when I was seriously working out. It is nice when you are having fun while you workout. We finished in 31:19. That was a good time and we were ahead of some other groups!  It was a tough workout but it was fun and I was impressed with how well we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment