Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"The Chief" is a hard workout!

"The Chief" was our workout tonight, and it was tough!  We warmed up and then did the strength part of our workout. This part was a dead lift every minute on the minute for ten minutes. You go up in weight each lift, and I ended with 95# (not that bad). I was already a little tired from the dead lifts when we started the regular workout. It was five rounds of 3minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of 3 power cleans, 6 push ups, and 9 squats with a 1 minute break in between rounds!  I did 65# on the power cleans. Travis had told me to do 55# but I messed up when I was putting the weights on and by the time Travis told me I just really didn't feel like changing the weights. The power clean is something that I struggled a lot with last Thursday and when I heard what we were doing I wasn't too excited. Travis looked at me right before the first round and told me to have a good attitude about it. That brought me back to the right place because I knew that if I had the same attitude about it today that I did last week I was going to have a bad workout. I ended up doing much better on the lifts tonight. I'm not going to lie though, even by the second round I wasn't sure I was going to make it all five rounds. Travis and Charles were there the whole time to encourage all of us as we were trying to dig deep to finish. As I was leaving the box tonight I thought about the fact that I tell myself that "I can't" do a lot of things before I even try. I'm going to try really hard to phase that phrase out of my vocabulary. I know it will be hard because I have been telling myself those words for years, but Crossfit has taught me that "I can" do a lot of things I never thought I would be able to do. I'm really sore tonight, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment