Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good day with dead lifts

I ended up going to the 4:15pm class because I slept through the 5:30am one. I think it was better choice because my body got to recover just a little bit from yesterday's workout. My knees have been hurting pretty bad, but Travis found what the main culprit is with them. I have knots on the inside of each of my knees. They have been hurting, but it wasn't the same pain as before so I was a little afraid to ask what it might be. I was relieved when we realized it was just knots, but those things hurt!  Biofreeze, some ice, and massage helped a lot today!
 I was a little excited about the workout today because it had dead lifts in it, and I don't struggle as much with those as I do clean and jerks. We warmed up with a 400m run, a few more exercises, and stretches. Then we started the WOD which was a 1000m row and 21-15-9 of dead lifts and box jumps (I did step ups instead of the box jumps) for time. The heaviest I had ever done on dead lifts was 95#, but today I did 105# for the workout. After the round of 21 I was really tired. I somehow got through the 15 round but when I was done with that I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to do 9 more dead lifts and 9 more step ups!  I was standing at the bar just wondering how I was going to pick it up and this guy that had already finished walked up and talked me through the final round. I don't even know his name but he helped me believe I could make it through that last round. I ended up finishing in 12:40 which isn't too bad!  Although those dead lifts were hard I still feel good about my performance today because I added weight and I had a decent time!

No comments:

Post a Comment