Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sled pushing is hard

I am not a morning person, but I did go to the 5:30am workout today.  On Wednesday's I have a Bible Study at night so if I am going to workout I have to go in the morning.  Today was a tough one.  My left knee had started hurting in the last reps from yesterday's workout, but I didn't think much about it because it hurts most days.  It was still hurting this morning so I did a 400m row instead of the run for the warmup.  We did some agility exercises in the warmup and I was ok except for the duck walk.  We did some stretches---which were pretty painful today, and then started the workout.  The workout was five rounds of  20m sled pushes (down and back) and 200m medicine ball sprints with a 3 min. rest in between rounds.  Travis told me I could just go to the road and back instead of the 200m.  My knee started really hurting during the first  sled push and run.  I did the second sled push and I really didn't feel like I could go on.  My knee was KILLING me.  Travis walked with me to the road and back.  The whole time he was telling me how good I was doing.  I told him I was sorry and he said that I had nothing to be sorry about--it is an injury.  As I was walking back I could hear Mary and Heather telling me I was doing a good job.  Travis told me I could do a 150m sprint on the row machine and then walk to the road and back instead of the regular routine.  I finished the rounds, not happy with my performance, but glad I didn't just quit.  We came in and finished up by doing 3 rounds of 9 toes to bar (or knees to elbow for me), L sits, and 21 abmat situps.  Today was a tough day but these are the situations when I know exactly why I keep coming back to Crossfit each day.  I am getting stronger each day, and I have support when I am struggling through a WOD.  While I was rowing I had Charles, James, and Travis telling me that I was doing good, and at the end I had the people that had done the WOD telling me that I did good (when they actually did the real workout).  I am really sore, but I will get some rest tonight and will be back at it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment