Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Morning workout

Ok, anyone who has known me for more than 10 minutes knows that I am NOT a morning person by ANY stretch of the imagination!  But, I had to go to the morning class today because I had plans tonight. The morning class that I could go to and still get to work on time starts at 5:30!  Needless to say I wasn't very hopeful for this workout. I mean it was still dark outside when we started warming up!  We did 250m on the row machine and three rounds of 15 walking lunges, 10 kettle bell swings, and 5 pull ups for the warm up. I was tired!  We stretched and then went on to the workout. Our workout was  2 min on the row machine and then a 2 min rest. That was followed by five min of as many reps that you could do of five dead lifts (I did 115#) and 10 lateral box jumps (I just jumped laterally on the floor because of my knees).  We rested for 2 more minutes before the 400m run. I'm not a good runner anyways and after I had done all of those dead lifts I couldn't even feel my legs. I went as fast as I could but by the half way mark I was dragging. I started walking fast and pumping my arms but I knew I couldn't run (well that is what my brain told me anyway). Charles, one of the trainers, came out and walked with me most of the second half. The whole time he was telling me that I was doing great and that most people were still in bed right now--to see how much I had already accomplished this morning. As I got closer to the doors I could hear Mary and Amanda cheering me on and telling me I was doing a good job. No I wasn't first but they don't treat the last person any different than the first!  This is the only place that I have worked out at that has motivation all around. I need that!  Everyone is there to help you!  They want you to do good!  I felt defeated when I started walking today but no one gave up on me!  I have gone to different class times at Crossfit and I have received the same support in every class. I don't know if I will start going to more morning classes but I did feel good after the workout this morning. But, I still hate mornings so we will see (I was so tired that I recorded the wrong amount of weight I did on dead lifts this morning!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment