Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 7...Elements Class Graduation Day!

I started off the day pretty good, and was kind of pumped for tonights workout. Then I went to the doctor (I has a recheck from being sick a couple of weeks ago),and I was kind of excited about getting on the scale. I hadn't been weighed since the week before I started Crossfit, but I was hoping that I had lost a couple of pounds (or maybe 5). When they weighed me I was shocked...I had only lost one pound!  One pound?! I have been working my butt off for one pound?!  To say the least I was kind of upset.  When the doctor came in I told him what I was doing and he got really excited. When I told him that I had only lost one pound he told me to stay OFF the scales and get a measuring tape if I really wanted to see my progress. He confirmed that the scales would not tell me my progress because they can't tell me how much muscle I was gaining. I felt a lot better leaving his office!
 I  went and picked up my new shoes today too!  They are bright blue and I'm sure they will feel awesome once I can completely break them in!
When I finally got to Crossfit tonight I was a little tired and scared that I wouldn't beat my time from my first night. I was put in the first group to run. I didn't want to go first because I was nervous and wanted to put the exercise off for as long as possible. But, once we started I could tell a difference in how I felt from the first time I had done this same thing. I could actually jog the whole first 200m at a decent pace without stopping!  When I got back from running and started the other parts to the exercise it did seem a little bit harder than I had remembered but I pushed through it. I asked someone what my time was about half way through and they said it was a little over 6 minutes that had passed. At that point I knew I could do it. I finished up the middle part of the exercise and started outside for the final run. But when I started that last part something in my brain told me I couldn't do it and breathing got really hard. I started to walk on the first part of the last 200m. As I was walking I heard someone run up beside me. It was Suzy (she had been put in the first group too so she hadn't been able to cheer for me). She walked with me and talked me through the breathing. When we hit the halfway mark she told me to jog. I told her I couldn't but she told me I could and she believed in me. She jogged with me until she knew I wouldn't stop. As I was finishing I could hear my whole class cheering for me and Travis telling me how great I had done. I finished in 10:17 min!  I almost cut 4 minutes off my time!  I was the slowest one in my class but you would have never known it by all the cheering that everyone was doing for me. You would have thought I was winning the race!  This experience just reminded me again of why I started with Crossfit. No one is a loser. The last person is just as important as the first. This was an awesome night!

No comments:

Post a Comment