Thursday, September 27, 2012

I finished my first month at Crossfit!

I was out yesterday with a migraine all day, so I was a little worried that I wouldn't be up for the challenge of working out today. It was my last day of month one in Crossfit, and I have to say I feel like I ended this month on a high note!  The warm up for today started by skipping 200m. Yes I said skipping, and no I haven't  done this in years!  I was good for the first 100m but my knees started hurting so I jogged the second half. I came in and did 10 body rows (the people who can do pull ups did those). I think the next part was the hardest part of the warm up. We had to do a bear crawl for 15m. That doesn't seem like that far but when you are bear crawling it seems like forever!!  We did some stretches and then started the workout. We had 10 min to get our heaviest snatch. I did 45# at my max today. I actually kind of like doing snatches, because I don't have to think about it as much. As long as I don't snatch too early I'm good. Then we did 7 minutes of 75% of our max weight (I did 35#) on the snatch and wall climbs (I did five push ups instead of wall climbs). It was one snatch and five pushups for as many times as I could do it for 7 minutes. We rested for five minutes before the last part of the workout. It was 4reps of 200m row sprints with two minutes of rest in between. I think I did pretty good on all of it!
This has been a very hard month, but it has been SOOO worth it!  I feel better every day and I'm doing things I never thought I would be able to do again!  I have been amazed at the support I get from the people at Crossfit and from all of my friends on Facebook!  I never really thought anyone would be interested in my thoughts on this blog, but there have almost been 2000 people that have viewed it since I started a few short weeks ago! Thank you!  I am so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! love Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Inspiring me to.keep working.out. Sam

    ReplyDelete