Monday, September 24, 2012

First day of week four...a good day

So today was a much better day than Thursday. My attitude about the workout was better. I rested most of the weekend and told myself that today would be better. My knees were still hurting some so instead of running the 400m warm up I just power walked it. We did rounds of squats, push ups, and pull ups (body rows for me) to finish the warm up. We stretched (today the stretching felt really good). Then we did five rounds of weighted pull ups. I did as many body rows as I could in each round instead of pull ups. The workout was seven minutes of as many rounds as you could do of 10 back squats and sixty single jump ropes. I started out by just bouncing up and down sixty times but by the second round my knee was killing me. Travis told me to just do a short rest in between my reps of squats instead of the jumping. It worked!  I felt better about my squats because my knees weren't hurting from the jumping. We finished the night with five minutes of knee to bar (toes to bar if you could do it). I was really surprised because the knees to bar wasn't nearly as hard as it was last week. Now, the bar still hurts my hands, but I could tell I had gotten stronger!  It was a good night! Before,  I was letting the fact that I couldn't do things that other people were doing get to me. I know that we are all in different levels but I am too competitive sometimes. I just have to accept that there are some things that are going to take me longer to accomplish than other people. Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I was done with my body rows earlier than the people doing the weighted pull ups. When James saw that I was done he told me I should try a pull up. I promptly told him that I had tried last week and couldn't do it--even with the bands. He told me he was sure I could do one. He got the bands together, and after a couple of tries I actually did one pull up!  Yes, I used three bands to do it, but I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment