Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Walk out

I hurt my back last night when I fell doing a lift. It hurt through the entire WOD last night but I iced it and took some Motrin and thought that would do the trick. I saw the WOD for tonight and it had dead lifts in it. Usually I would be REALLY excited about that, but it just made me cringe thinking about my back. I was hoping that I could work through it. I ran the 400m warmup and could feel my lower back tightening up. We went into the rest of the warm up, which was 20 box jump burpees for time. I got through about seven but every time I moved I felt like someone was stabbing me in my lower back. I knew at that point this was not going to be a good night. Morgan showed me some stretches to do but it still hurt. I knew that there was probably something they could do to scale the WOD for me but I was just mad. I was mad that I couldn't do the WOD, as it was.  I was mad that I couldn't just mentally fight through the pain.  I walked out of the box without even saying goodbye to anyone. I had to get out of there before I started to cry. I wasn't crying because of the pain. I was crying because I was mad and disappointed in myself. I should have been able to stay and cheer everyone else on as they worked out but I just couldn't do it mentally. I have felt like I have been getting worse instead of better lately and I'm really frustrated. I know that it is mostly mental but I am struggling to get over this hump. People say I need to listen to my body and rest. I can't afford to rest. I have rested for WAY too many years. Every day I don't go to the box and workout is a day that I feel like I am getting further behind. I hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment