Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Dress

I bought a bridesmaid dress in September 2012 for a wedding I am going to be in this May.  When I bought it I was embarrassed because it was almost the largest size they made.  I tried to tell myself that it was because these types of dresses run small.  That is true, but it didn't change the fact that I was much larger than I wanted to be, or had been in years past.  I bought the dress and told the bride that I was going to try to lose weight before the wedding, and I would just get it altered.  When I said this I really didn't think I would lose any weight before the wedding.  I had always said I would lose weight for certain things but it never really happened.  I bought the dress thinking I would never have to get it taken in. 

I have tried a million different ways to lose weight but I have never really been successful.  Even when I played soccer I was overweight, so I just didn't think it was possible for me.  The day after Labor Day of last year was the day I started a journey that would truly change this way of thinking, because this was the day I started Crossfit!  What I never thought could happen is actually becoming a reality!  I am currently down 60 pounds, 6 pant sizes, and over 23 inches all over my body!  Needless to say the dress I bought in September does not fit anymore.  I can now step into it while it is zipped and pull it up over clothes I already have on.  If I let go of it, it will drop to the ground!  Since it is now so close to the wedding I started getting worried that there would be no way it could be taken in, so I decided to go to an alterations place and see what could be done.  The lady looked at me with wide eyes when I put the dress on for her.  As she was pinning about 3 inches of fabric in on each side she said it could be done.  I will be taking it back at the end of April to have it altered because I'm not sure if I will lose any more inches between now and the end of May.  I just don't want to take the chance and get it done now and it not fit again in 6-8 weeks.  This will be the happiest $40 I will ever spend on alterations!

The bride of the wedding came into town the other day and I tried the dress on for her to see the difference herself.  While it was still zipped I slipped the dress on over my workout clothes!  It is kind of crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment