Wednesday, July 10, 2013

stressful morning

I haven't posted in a while because I have been really busy! Today I wanted to just post about how thankful I am to be at Crossfit2L2Q. I went into workout this morning hoping that I would improve my time on the Filthy Fifty WOD. I hadn't done it in several months, so I figured that I would have to be better this time. As I was getting everything ready for the workout I was told that we couldn't do step ups today. We had to do box jumps. I wasn't thrilled about this because I haven't done box jumps in a while because of my knee, but it has been feeling better with my brace. As the workout started I just stared at the box. I tried several times to make myself jump, but it just wasn't happening. I stared at the box, I moved it around, and then I just walked away. My coach walked up to me and asked where I was going. I told him that I just couldn't do box jumps this morning. He walked me back over to the box and told me that I COULD do this, and reminded me that I had done it before. He stood there encouraging me until I got my first few jumps in (which was nine minutes after the workout had started). I finished the box jumps and moved to the rest of the workout. I was doing ok until I got to wall balls. I am not very good at wall balls in the first place, but to think about doing 50 this morning was torture. I threw my first two, and they kept spinning and not hitting the line. I tried a few more, and then walked away. I said that I was done. I meant it. There was no way that I was going to be able to do 50 wall balls. Everyone else in the class had finished the workout and I still had three more things to do! After he watched me put my kettle bell up my coach told me to try the 10 pound ball. He showed me what I was doing that was making it spin, and told me I wasn't quitting. As I struggled through the wall balls I had several people from my class around me cheering me on. Sandy told me to just breathe when she saw the tears rolling down my face. She knew it wasn't from pain but from me just beating myself up mentally. I finally finished the wall balls and went onto burpees and jump ropes. Even though the class had been over for about 30 minutes a lot of people from my class stayed to encourage me until the end. When I was FINALLY done my coach walked up to me and told me how proud he was of me for finishing. I was disappointed and mad at myself for how I had done. I am so thankful that I people in my box that believe in me and won't let me give up even when I am having a bad day. I am so thankful that they are encouraging even when I am frustrating. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment