Monday, February 25, 2013

Highlights

So I have been really bad about blogging lately. I could blame it on life just being crazy, but the real reason is that I have just been really frustrated with myself. Travis constantly tells me that I am way too hard on myself and I'm sure he's right. There are a few things that I will highlight though. Last week we did a five minute EMOM of five unbroken deadlifts. The RX weight was 225# for girls. I wasn't sure what weight I was going to be doing because my max is only 235#. When Chad said that I would be doing 225# I thought he was kidding and crazy!  I didn't think there was anyway I could do that much weight unbroken for that many rounds. Again, my coach had more faith in me than I did and knew I could do it. I felt so great at the end of those five minutes because I had done everyone of them unbroken!!  In the past couple of weeks I have also gotten much better at jumping rope. I am definitely not the fastest person but I am not completely terrified by it now. Tonight we did a WOD that included 430 single jump ropes. I was the last person to finish, but my time wasn't over 15 minutes. I wasn't too far behind everyone else either!  I can also do a 12 inch box jump without hesitating now!  This was a big accomplishment because before I would just stare at the box for at least a few minutes before I would make that first jump. I can do the 16 inch but it still scares me a bit. Oh, I almost forgot, I can do a pull-up now. Granted it is with two bands, but I can still do it!!
I know I have gotten better at a lot of things but I have just been really frustrated that my hands do hurt still and my mind tells me that I still can't do somethings. My mind is still stuck in the body I once had that didn't do anything and it is playing catch up (but at a much slower pace than I like). I am so very blessed to have the coaches at Crossfit2L2Q that believe in me even when I don't and push me to my limits. The support I get from them and my class that stays late some nights just to cheer me on as I finish a WOD is nothing less than amazing!  So, even though I'm frustrated with how I've been doing I know that I have an awesome support team that believes in me and will push me to succeed. And that makes up for any frustration and doubt I may have in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment